Carbon Anode scrap is the residual part of the Prebaked Carbon Anode Block that was used in the electrolytic tank,Carbon Anode Butts or Spent Anode is another name for it, It is called Waste Carbon Block or Reject carbon Anode in many countries.
Of course, it has some special names in a few countries and such as Coal Block in Malaysia, มีคาปร์อนขายครับ in Thailand,Electrode Coal in Vietnam,Anoda Karbon in Indonesia,Carbón Antracita Para Cubilote or Carbón Coke in South America and Africa,
Origin: China / Malaysia /Middle East/Europe
RELATION WITH COKE：in the process of waste metal smelting, metallurgical coke and foundry coke has low sulfur content, high ash content and low fixed carbon content, carbon anode scrap show opposite characteristics as fixed carbon content is more than 97%.But the sulfur content of the carbon anode scrap is usually about 2%.So it is used together with foundry coke for smelting production as fuel.Thereby reduce smelting cost of waste metal because the calorific of carbon anode scrap is usually 1.5 times that of coke.It is high in calorific value and low in Ash, which also makes it a highly efficient source of energy and cost-effective material for smelting processes.
As the sulfur content of carbon anode scrap actually depends on the calcined petroleum coke used to produce carbon anode, the ash content usually increases slightly on the basis of calcined petroleum coke, but its ash content is much less than that of foundry coke. As a result, when the sulfur content can be controlled, carbon anode scrap is a ideal fuel to smelting waste metal.
Many electrolytic aluminum plants in the world import carbon anodes from China, which enables us to better establish close cooperation with these aluminum plants about the carbon anode butts. Of course the price offered to you has a competitive advantage, and win-win cooperation will be our consistent philosophy.
At present, There is a lot of carbon anode butts for sale in our factory. We not only export thecarbon anode butts directly from China, but also provide you with the carbon anode butts from Malaysia and some countries in the Middle East. In addition, we are working with Chinese carbon anode exporters to cooperate with more aluminum factories and obtain more direct supply of carbon anode butts.
In China, we usually crush carbon anode butts, sieve and wash it. The crushed carbon anode butts in small particles is more commonly used in the burdening of carbon paste. For the carbon anode butts particles of 1-5mm that are air-dried after washing, they contain low ash and impurity content, with up to 95% content of fixed carbon, can be directly used as the raw material for low-end carburant, or be combined with other carburant to increase carbon content.
- Waste copper and aluminum smelting
- Cupola furnace as fuel
- Carbon paste with Electrically Calcined Anthracite Coal
- carburant for foundry
- Carbon Anode Butts in the Copula furnace along with foundry coke in the production on Rock wool Fibers
- Smelting of lead and tin
- Blast furnace ironmaking
- High calorific value and low Moisture
- Material purity and Moderate sulphur content
- Anode scrap is crushed and sieved into small sizes like 10-30mm, 30-80mm and 1-5mm. As China has accumulated rich experience and possesses mature application system in this respect, it is recommended to directly import from China for the perspective of stability and guarantee of quality.
- After sieving, the anode scrap particles with a size of 1-5 mm are washed, manually picked and dried, and its ash content is removed, so as to ensure that the product contains no other impurities or foreign matter.
- For bigger sizes of anode scrap particles, you can choose from these origins based on the actual situation: China, Malaysia and the Middle East.
- It is necessary to apply a permit from the Chinese government every time when exporter will export carbon anode butts .It often takes ten work days.
- In the Chinese market,Prices will be adjusted on the 25th every month due to the electrolytic aluminium plant invites tenders for carbon anode butts once a month